Wednesday, June 16, 2010

C is for ....Chia


Chia tea is the first thing I think of, but where does this originate from? - so off I went to find out and this is what I found......

Chia belongs to the Saliva group of plants. It is a tremendous energy food which benefits health and vitality. The seeds are rich in minerals of Vitamin A, Bs and D and 30% protein.The plant is an annual which grows to 1.5m. The seeds are sometimes ground to make a flour, however the seeds are normally consumed whole. The sprouts can be used like alfalfa sprouts in salads etc. This unique plant is regarded as a survival food - now that's what I call sustainability and abundance.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Abundance 1,
    I am now your first follower.
    I was searching for someone in Qld who was interested in Aust Native Plants and discovered your blog. I too am fairly new ...starting in June. I love your philosophy of quiet mediation and will be very interested in what you find in the area sustainable plants and edible natives. Take a look at my Gum Tree Studio...I have so much to learn..and so much to do. It's so exciting!
    Cheers
    Joan

    ReplyDelete